Thursday, April 20, 2006

I See You


Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
-I Peter 5:8


On days like today, I am acutely aware that there is a devil and he intends to ravage everything good. It seemed like one frustrating event followed another as the day clicked away. I grew angrier and felt defeated as the school day crept to a close. And then it hit me. The devil is actively seeking to not only discourage, but destroy my collegues. I watched one event after the other unfold today and I realized that this was an actual attack. I don't say that lightly. I'm not the kind that blames things on Satan everytime the wind blows contrary. But there can be no mistaking the chaos that he is trying to cause between student, teachers, and friends. Recognizing this is part of the solution and now I know how to pray.

No comments: