Sunday, May 27, 2007

Lance Armstrong I am Not


We've been biking more lately. The weather has been beautiful and Robert decided it would be "fun" to ride rather than drive to places we frequent. Yesterday we rode 6 miles and today we covered just over 9 miles. Who knew cycling was a team sport??? It has been a good exercise in working together and not getting run over in traffic. Seriously. We're going to try our hand (or feet) at the Seminole Wekiva Trail that stretches from Westmonte Park in Altamonte Springs to Sanford. Its roughly 14 miles one way. I think we'll need a few more practice runs before we can make it 28 miles there and back!

1 comment:

Roses in December said...

Leslie, that trail ran right behind our old house in Spring Oaks subdivision in Altamonte. I loved it cause I would walk it in the evenings and it was great exercise and safe. I tried rollerblading on it once. Boy was that dangerous. Decided it was best to take the grass instead of the ditch when I wiped out. Laid there...another jogger asked if I was ok....I collected myself...got up....went home...haven't been on them since.
Brenda