Monday, March 06, 2006

Baby Steps Towards Ukraine

"Examine me, O LORD, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart."
-Psalms 26:2


So I submitted my request for time off April 29-May 7. All the details aren't clear yet, but I am moving forward in faith. Isn't that the essence of faith though? We are called to obey the voice of God when things aren't spelled out for us; when we feel unprepared, unwilling, or uninspired.

God calls us to do things sometimes just to see us obey. Does that sound farfetched? He called Abraham to do something that seemed utterlessly pointless, even absurd. Lessons in obedience are part of our relationship with God. I don't know how I will make things work to spend a week in the Ukraine. I'm not sure how I will cover the $3000.00 to finance the trip. But the truth of the matter is, I may not even go on this trip. God may simply be asking me to obey and not question His instructions. And He expects me to move without grumbling, complaining, or whining. While I am preparing myself daily for the possibility of traveling to Eastern Europe, I am also seeking peace for however God works out the details.