Sunday, March 12, 2006

Thought for the Day: Sky Diving


Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
- James 4:14

If I ever went sky diving (and mind you, I wouldn't) I wouldn't want the time from when I leap from a perfectly good plane to the time I reach blessed earth to be typified by the typical sky diving reaction: screaming. Yet I feel like that's how I spent a lot of my life. I've spent time worried about where I'm at, how I got there, am I prepared,and I've missed most of the scenery. What's the point of going through life if you're not going to experience the exhilaration, the scenery, and the beauty of just having life? The truth is, we're all rushing towards the same destination. Why not enjoy the adventure?