Sunday, June 24, 2007

And on the seventh day . . . she rested

Mon - 5.6 miles
Tues - 5.6 miles
Wed - 5.6 miles
Thurs - 5.6 miles
Fri - 6.5 miles
Sat - 15.4 miles
Sun - No bike for me :(

Samuel's observation on yesterday's long ride:
Me: Uh-oh, Sam. Here comes the hill from hell. (1/2 mile of steady incline)
Sam: Well, think of it this way, Mom. On the way back, it'll be the hill from heaven.

Good thing one of us is positive on the hard stretches of road!

We went to see Evan Almighty this weekend. You really can't see it as a follow up to Bruce Almighty. It targets a different audience; this one was much more kid friendly. Not a bad movie, some great quotable lines from "God", kids loved it. Its hard to go wrong with Steve Carell.

Then on the advice of my friend Sandy, I rented The Italian. Amazing. The film is in Russian so be prepared for subtitles. Much of it looked and sounded painfully familiar. Worth a rent.

We scored free tickets to the sneak preview of Disney's new movie Ratatouille before it comes out in theatres. The kid movie venue wears on me, so I hope this one's good. Still haven't been impressed with this summer's movie offerings. While Pirates 3 is in its own category, I couldn't help but be disappointed with the storyline. The boys are looking forward to the Transformer movie and we're all anxious to see the new Harry Potter movie next month. We'll see that one on the BIG screen on I-Drive. If anyone sees anything else worth seeing, let us know.

4 comments:

U said...

On the way back, it'll be the hill from heaven. That's great :-)
Foreign movies rarely let me down. They always seem to be more real to me. Thanks for the suggestion. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts about the movie. A friend I haven't met yet lent me a copy of the film ;-). Can't wait to see it.

Roses in December said...

Ha, I told myself I was gonna watch a movie this weekend - uh that didn't happen. I "borrowed" from the library "Sideways" and it's now overdue and still haven't seen it. Guess that's the price you pay when you go back to school to get a degree, I will have to watch them all starting NEXT July when I graduate.
P.S. How do you get your pic next to your comment like U has?
Brenda

Anonymous said...

They show movies in...theaters? What's that? I can't remember.

I'll put The Italian in my queue for a night when the hubby is gone.

patti said...

DItto on the summer kid movies. I REFUSE to see another animated movie with penguins as the main characters!