Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brothers' Keeper



We've been back and forth to the doctor's office over the last few weeks to get everyone in for their school physicals and updated immunizations. Today was Samuel and Nathanael's turn. Normal procedure: blood pressure, weight, pulse, height. It was the height thing that got me. Samuel measured in at 5' 5 1/2"; Nathanael was a full 5' 6". When did that happen?? I'm a very statuesque 5'5". When did they pass up mom?



I'm really enjoying this phase of life with my 12 year old twins. They've grown into funny, humble, handsome young men. I love that we are able to talk about things of depth and laugh at silly things still. We went to the movie the other day and Robert actually shushed Sam and I because we were whispering throughout the film. I love the character and uniqueness that God has gifted each of them with. I do miss having a little one around the house. I adored the younger years, but I would never trade this incredible time of watching God shape two young men in His image.

4 comments:

Roses in December said...

Wow Leslie, they really have grown. This is so cool cause I am a twin and I think it's so neat being a twin. I wouldn't trade the bond I have with my sister for the world. We talk about our "twin things". I will be thinking of her and the phone will ring - it's her. One year for our birthday's we bought each other, in two different states, the exact same "1928" pin, and sent it to each other. Spooky!
Brenda

U said...

You are either a great photographer or the boys are really good models. Most kids that age tend to give you a big goofy grin. Those serious shots are magazine shots. Well done. CT and I miss you already.

patti said...

Incredible shots of those beautiful boys! The first one is amazing!

Goes On Runs said...

how did they get big?
how does time pass so quickly?
it is hard in the midst of diapers to realize that they are growing and becoming more than they are. wow!