Wednesday, June 13, 2007

As the Wheel Turns

So for some unexplainable reason, Hannah and I rode Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week. And there's a good chance we will go out again tomorrow. We're covering roughly 4.7 miles each day. That's not a lot in the world of cycling, but its a lot to us! So since Saturday, that brings us to just over 33.1 miles. From what I understand, that's what most cyclists cover in one ride! Its been good bonding time and hopefully it helps our fitness level.

Oddly enough, June 9th was significant in the world of cycling. Apparently it was World Naked Bike Day. What is that you ask? People rode bikes naked to celebrate cycling and the human body. The ride demonstrates the "vulnerability of cyclists on the road and is a protest against car culture". Ironically, if you ride naked, wouldn't that increase your vulnerability on the road??? I hope they wore helmets. Something should be protected . . .

3 comments:

Kim said...

There are so many bad, very very bad comments running through my head right now! How COOL to hear from the other Leslie! It was interesting to read her blog and see how very different the words are but how similar the message.

Roses in December said...

I think someone just had the market that day on bike seat cleaning fluid. Bet it was a hot seller that day! I am just sorry I wasn't there at the corner store selling it. Would have beat cleaning a house! Shoot helmet cleaner would have been a good seller too. What was I thinkin, cleaning windows that day. I missed the action.
Brenda

Goes On Runs said...

and you think I AM running from something... :)