Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of . . .


. . . pain, not music! Hills are not my friend; at least they haven't been this week. A vicious summer cold has been making its way through our family, so Sam and I were the only ones feeling well enough to venture out this morning. We headed back to the Seminole Wekiva Trail to see how we would fare. I've managed to bike every day except yesterday since last weekend. I was hoping it would make a difference in my stamina on the trail. That and the addition of a biking buddy that challenges me made a huge difference. Even with the heat, we made it 15.4 miles round trip before we threw in the towel. Since last weekend, that makes 58.8 miles for me. I know! Who'd have thunk??? I may never get on that bike again, but this week was quite a ride!

6 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

punny....very punny!
crazy head..... and still think you are loonier than i.... my running versus your biking.

Kim said...

I bow to your prowess! There is NO WAY I would even attempt that distance much less try to balance myself on two tires the width of my finger. My muscles ache just reading about it!

Leslie said...

K- You and C put me to shame! Have you seen her since she got back from Captiva Island? I've got to do something if I'm going to be seen with the two of you in Palm Beach this summer!

Anonymous said...

Dude...now I feel fat again. I think I'll have some ice cream right now to cope. Mmmmmm....

Leslie said...

Oh, please! I rode a bike for one week. It would takes months of that to make a difference! Dude, did you say ice cream?

Kim said...

Dude?!